As the news viral around social media and the news headline within hours of his passing, there seem to be this silent vibe going through everywhere. I've been at home for the whole of yesterday and today, yet through social media, I am able to see how sad the nation is towards the passing of this man that contributed greatly to our country. Although not born in that generation where the most difficult times of Singapore was experienced, I do recognize how fortunate we are due to the contributions, determination, and many attitudes of our founding fathers and people of that generation.
It's sad because here we say goodbye to the father of our country. Without him, Singapore wouldn't be what it is today within this short period of 50 years. He is our legacy, a wise individual.
And I hope that this new generation in Singapore will remember what Singapore had went through, and how all these people actually worked to achieve this Singapore we have today. As much as we can't stop people from complaining in life, I think that they ought to remember the journey of Singaporeans in the past, and our founding fathers. And Singapore's future indeed lay uncertain with this new generation who thinks differently and have different value as compared to people of the past. I hope that they will grow to be wise and also not forgetting the way Singapore grew, and what Singapore is -- A small city-state. So vulnerable it seem but yet standing strong with all that you can name.
Thinking back of those school days saying the pledge, singing the national anthem, and celebrating national days, singing all those songs with pride, I finally understood that pride of being a Singaporean.

No comments:
Post a Comment